Pages

January 1, 2015

Hannah Hoekom?

It is 2015, a New Year and therefore a new blog post! Here is to posting more regularly and improving my blog!

The other day in grade 3, I was walking around the Rondebosch Craft’s Market with my mom and granny because I have been a joller since 1997 and ‘haters gonna hate’ when my mom received a phone call. She came to me and told me that a girl in my class (who to be honest I wasn't even acquaintances with) had invited me to her house for a sleepover. Being the self-con-con person I am, I told my mom I didn't want to go and it was impossible she had invited me but my mom convinced me to go. Once I had decided to go, can I just point out, I got extremely excited. You see it was before I became the popular person that I am today. It was at a time when I was a loner, so the opportunity to make friends was an riveting one.

When I arrived at this girl’s house and knocked on the door, I was greeted with a very confused looking mother and a petrified and heartbroken looking little girl.  Something was obviously wrong but I was so high of friendship fumes I ignored it. It was meant to be just the two of us, so imagine my surprise when another girl from our school rocked up for our sleepover!

I was feeling uncomfortable but I could literally see our friendship blossoming and it excited me, until we were lying in bed…we were just about to go to sleep when the girl who had been invited after me blurted out “We didn't actually want you to come, we wanted the other Hannah!” well guess who quietly cried herself to sleep while trying to imagine ways to get home without waking up the family!

A little background info, there were multiply Hannah’s in my grade because creativity was obviously lacking in 1997 (jokes Mom I love my name) and coincidentally there were two Hannah’s with mothers named Jennifer. Obviously the wrong Jennifer had been called to invite the wrong Hannah to a sleepover and no one had said a thing until I was starting to get comfortable in my new BFFs home!

When I left the next morning, I thanked them for having me, got in the car and drove away with a very heavy heart. My sorrow then turned into hate and I bought voodoo dolls for each girl…JOKES, I am actually friends with them now, and what is in the past is in the past!


But I still wonder why my life is so ridiculous, seriously why Hannah? 

No comments: