Pages

June 30, 2014

HOLIGAYS: Park Adventures

Yesterday my friends and I decided to go play in the park after lunch because we are mature young ladies who like to go crazy sometimes. We were merrily swinging watching all the children around us in awe. Now, we are not those kind of mature people who watch little children in parks in case you are wondering. But there were three children in particular who stood out from all the rest.

The first boy was probably around six or seven years old and he was playing soccer with some of the other children. My one friend decided she wanted to try and steal his soccer ball because as I said, we are very mature. So she sat waiting until the opportunity arose and then she pounced. She kicked the soccer ball away and started running with it. The poor little boy started chasing her until he retrieved his beloved possession and then he growled at her. Not once, but twice. This child solved conflict by growling at people, and his growl was bloody scary!

The second boy was probably six years old and he was seriously cheeky! He was fighting with some poor innocent people in the park about their language choice. I don’t know why, but he didn't like the fact that the people spoke Xhosa for some reason. But this isn't what made this boy stick out, what shocked me, is that this boy stole other children’s bicycles. A cute little girl and her older brother were riding their bikes around the park when he jumped in front of her, claimed her bike as his own, and started riding it around the park while the poor little girl sat and watched. He didn't even ask nicely, and he wasn't loyal to her bike, he stole any bike in the park without any thought. He was feisty little one, a hot tamale if you ask me!

The last boy was my personal favourite. He was obviously the coolest little dude to ever own this park. He liked to swear too, nothing too bad don’t worry. But when he said the s-word, my one friend shouted at him “You watch your mouth sonny”. We obviously exploded with laughter and this boy loved the attention. So he proceeded to swear to get our attention. He even took it as far and 'hitting' himself where the 'sun don’t shine' so he could call his special friend a very unattractive word. Now, we were tested here not to give him the attention he so obviously craved, but we really had to laugh at this poor child’s behaviour. 


To be fair, this is all very normal behaviour for children of their age, and I am sure I was ten thousand times worse but isn't it funny how many interesting people you find in the world? Maybe finding things to blog about in Cape Town won’t be that hard. Maybe all I have to do is step outside and some fool who will embarrass themselves so that I can prevent writing about embarrassing myself and keep my reputation in tact!

No comments: